My theoretical research is focused on the problem of media analysis, visual reception and aesthetics of technology. I have been involved in the several international projects focused on the long-distance learning and media literacy.
Member of the curatorial initiative for the promotion of video art - ArtVideoExchange since 2008. I work as a Senior lecturer at Communications for Development department (ComDev), K3, Malmö University.
Apart from that: I'm passionate fusion-cuisine-leisure-time-cook, clumsy bicycle-rider, a big fan of European independent film production and of all Tom Waits' and Tuxedomoon albums.
In this presentation I would discuss the term optical unconscious as defined in the writings of Walter Benjamin and Rosalind Krauss, and propose a broadened definition of this term, taking into account the new media spreadability (Jenkins et al., 2013) and 'image cloning' (W.J.T. Mitchell, 2008).
The hypothesis is that images embody power not only through scientific visualisations, marketing campaigns, celebrity culture or visualisation of ideological messages, but also through the specific visual codes they produce. These codes can be transferred to other images as a 'hidden algorithm', which can later contribute its special status.
- The Uncanny Valley: Art, Robots, and Nature
- Anonymous survey about your favorite robots on film
- Research seminar at Lund University: Romance, remix and shared queer identities in YouTube fan videos
- Come to the first ROCA screening!
- Presentation at TRANSOR workshop in Aarhus
- CEDAR conference in Lisbon: Audiences 2030